1919 A4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I bought one of those SWEDISH K magazine loaders and ganged stripper clips, 7 years ago, and modified the the base of it to go over a MP5 mag, it works great :)
Yep, people were buying the boxed Swedish Training 9mm just for the stripper clips. They had no use for the ammo as it required a unique barrel. I picked up 1000+ rounds of this Swedish Training ammo for no cost. That was a big reason I got a barrel from Luis for my Vector Uzi. It was cheaper for me to run this Swedish Training stuff than to run .22lr from Wally World. Ain't life interesting.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yep, people were buying the boxed Swedish Training 9mm just for the stripper clips. They had no use for the ammo as it required a unique barrel. I picked up 1000+ rounds of this Swedish Training ammo for no cost. That was a big reason I got a barrel from Luis for my Vector Uzi. It was cheaper for me to run this Swedish Training stuff than to run .22lr from Wally World. Ain't life interesting.
Liberty Tree Collectors is selling it for $29 per 100 rounds

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Liberty Tree Collectors is selling it for $29 per 100 rounds
I think I was buying this stuff, w/loader, at $34 per 1000 rounds.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Maybe I can speak on other things later but for now I can share this.

My first patrol rifle was M16 A1, it came from DRMO project that was initiated by the Feds at the end of Iraq War. I patrolled with that baby for the first 3 years. It was Colt with white roll stamp dated 1973 from serial number. It came to me bone dry in brown/green plastic with rubber endcap on the barrel which I kept during patrol because I thought it was so cool. It had triangular handguards, carry handle rear sight, non adjustable stock and twenty round mags. Dust cover and brass reflector. I also received bayonet with a sheath. It had full auto setting, not the later 3 round burst.

As far as shooting it was very good, it was very easy to control burst 3-9 rounds at a man sized target up to 50 yards. The closer, the better. I probably shot 5000 rounds through it between quals and practice.

Now check this out, one of my coworkers in neighboring department received M16. It had green Colt roll mark, tubular handguard, duck prong flash hider, no dust cover, no forward assist, no brass deflector. Yes, I did salivate when I held it.

·
Watercooled Addict
2,111 Posts

This was my first. Couldn’t find one the way I wanted so I bought a Ramo plate and built it.
That plate was $15k in 2004. They are less than that now when they turn up and thats not even adjusted for inflation. Complete guns arent much more, but beltfeds have taken a hit post 2008. Im not complaining, just informing those that complain they weren’t around for the good old days. This is the good old days for transferable brownings, although the semis have exhausted most of the spare parts so, well, you know the old saying about cake and eating it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bought a RDIAS for $695 in 1992. I was told by another dealer that I over paid and would never make my money back 🤣

It's long gone, traded off for other MGs I wanted more.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
WHAT: AP74 .22 copy of the M16

WHY: because that’s all I could afford and the guy said it had less than 3000 rounds.

First time at the range BRP! 15 rounds gone! Oops. Public range. But let go another five or so mags, but was getting funny looks.

Took it to the LGS and they said BS this thing has 30,000 rounds through it. I paid them to fix it, and promptly sold it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
First MG was an AYF42 MP40 in ‘99 for $5.5k. Could have bought a HK51 or a MP44 for the same price at the time, but I fell n love with the MP40 after shooting it. Parts and mags were plentiful and cheap at the time as was ammo. Sold it a few years later, but missed it so much I had to buy another one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thought I'd just start a thread going about everyone's first FA firearm, why did you choose that specific item, when was it and anything else that you might care to share. A lot has changed in only a few decades and I personally would like to hear some experiences more established collectors have had.
M11/9. I was a Air Force T-38 instructor pilot. Paid $295 for it in 1986.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thought I'd just start a thread going about everyone's first FA firearm, why did you choose that specific item, when was it and anything else that you might care to share. A lot has changed in only a few decades and I personally would like to hear some experiences more established collectors have had.
I drove to Jackson MS to get it. Took it with me next AM toward the base. Stopped where there was a old toilet in a ditch mag dumped on it stashed it under the seat and went to the squadron to fly. Times have changed!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hope I have some pictures to share: Smith Ent, bought new from Ron Smith 1989 1075.00 shipped yeah we all had "Colt M16's just not the same" The M14 my son & I installed the 16in barrel, put it in the SAGE stock, all USGI Winchester parts. I think Ron did a bunch of these EBRs for the guys to play with in the sandbox as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
MP40 in 1982. I did WWII reenacting when it was still OK to be the bad guys.
I shot a boatload of the Swedish practice ammo through a Swedish K with the original practice barrel. Good for clay pigeons out to about 30 yards, and would not break notebook paper past 60 yards.
I still use a modified loader to load mags for my Sterling. Wicked fast!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
MP40 was my first as well. Watching all those war movies as a kid made that inevitable. Caught the fever and never got over it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That old watercooler looks so awesome I love the Colt rollmark, the brass end plates, looks like a museum piece, I remember RAMO was big in the plates back in the day.

The MP44 looks sweet too, my uncle died in Bastogne Feb 10 1945 could you imagine, enlisting in 1941 and getting KIA 1945.

1gewehr post a pic of that spitter (y)

thekaiser: that's a great pic of some fun toys

41 - 60 of 63 Posts