1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for grabs are fourteen (14) 250 round cans of yugoslavian (made my prvi partizan aka ppu) 7.92x57 (8mm mauser) ammunition. This is the better 1980s manufactured m49 and not the trash 1950-60s stuff that's more commonly found. The 70s and 80s yugo 8mm is some of the better surplus 8mm on the market. This features a 198gr projectile in berdan primed brass cases. It is corrosive so gun will need to be cleaned afterwards.

This particular ammo is linked on browning 1919 links with a light coat of oil. It can be left as is and can be fired in 1919s chambered in 8mm or easily delinked and ran in any bolt action or semi auto 8mm mauser rifle. Whats nice is the links and starter tab are worth about $25 by themselves and ammo cans are about $10 so easy to get some money back. I can also delink this ammo for you for a small fee.

10 of the cans are perfectly fine. Four of the cans have a black tarnish like the last picture. The tarnish does not affect anything and only goes 1-2 layers deep. It came off with some 0000 steel wool. All this ammo has been 100% surefire.

The 70s-80s dated stuff is very rarely seen available. The 50s-60s dated stuff is alot more common and is not very good ammo. This is surefire and no issues like the 50s and 60s stuff. Due to the oil and links, there may be some slight stains on the brass or projectile but it does not affect functionality.

Cans are available for pick-up FTF around loudon, Tennessee zip code 37846. Willing to deliver/meet within reasonable distance with the purchase of 4 or more cans.

Price per can is $250 OR will take $3,000 for all 14 which is less than $215 per can.

Buyer to pay exact shipping and insurance costs on this item. These cans weigh roughly 22lbs each.

Payment to be sent via zelle, discreet PayPal, usps money orders or card plus 5% or cold hard cash ftf. These are Cross Posted so first ill take it gets it.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
That is some great 8mm...I lucked into a couple of cases of it way back when Coles was selling it..I save it for my nicer guns in 8mm.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I would love to pick up couple cans, just cant do $1 per round.

There are big boys out there today with 70 cents per round for Romanian 70's and 80's 8mm mauser.

If you can meet that price we can talk.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to pick up couple cans, just cant do $1 per round.

There are big boys out there today with 70 cents per round for Romanian 70's and 80's 8mm mauser.

If you can meet that price we can talk.
Sounds like you should probably pick it up elsewhere then. I don't collect salestax on this, so It might even be cheaper in the long run. But thanks for the interest.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thank you.
No problem. That romy stuff is steel case, and while it's berdan primed, this stuff is brass case. Plus my stuff includes links and an ammo can. So if I were to accept 70cpr, that's actually 52cr when you sell off the links and can.

Even at $1 per round, after you sell off the links and can that's 86cpr before shipping. Which is still cheaper than the 90cpr plus tax that sgammo has the stuff at.

·
12,367 Posts
You engaged with more info so I’ll play along a bit.

How much do you have allocated to cans and links? It seems like way higher than actual value. $0.18 per round for can and link is very very high.

romanian steel cased ammo is of the better 8mm out there. Arguably better than the brass cased yugo of any era. Both are berdan so useless after the first shot

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
romanian steel cased ammo is of the better 8mm out there. Arguably better than the brass cased yugo of any era. Both are berdan so useless after the first shot
Counter point....Romy 8mm is nice but (better) is not the term I would use...I have shot many K's of Romy and have many K's more to shoot...Also have a pile of duds from dead primers that I pulled down for powder and projectiles ...So not so Surefire as people would think...Not to mention it is really dirty ammo to shoot and smells like farts when you do...Also , Romy has 155gr bullet , Yugo has 198gr....That's why I save 80's Yugo for stuff like my FN49 / Hakim / M76 / M48...I save the Romy for the 53 / Madsen / 1919's....This 80's Yugo is some of the finest 8mm I have ever shot and when you pull it down it is nice and shiny inside the case like the day it was made...This is not your grandads Yugo from the 50's...One last point...The brass can be scrapped or there's a guy on this board that buy's it for dummy's...So it's not worthless like the Romy.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Yeah I would say 70s and 80s Yugo was pretty darn good, I have some and some Romy. I consider both top shelf. Brass case is a little nicer but you get a failure to fire just a touch more than Romy, which is near never. So I would say about equal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

How much do you have allocated to cans and links? It seems like way higher than actual value. $0.18 per round for can and link is very very high.

I wouldnt say 18cpr for link and can, but close. From experience, I've sold the links with starter tab for $25ish and cans for $10. So $35 from the original $250 is $215. Which is 86cpr for ammo. Still cheaper than what sgammo has the ammo for.

And as others said, the brass still has value whether it be scrapped or sold for dummy rounds.

Plus, from personal experience this yugo stuff has been better than the romy. But ymmv there.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Still cheaper than what sgammo has the ammo for.
SG ammo keeps dropping prices along with all the other vendors because they aren’t moving enough at the inflated prices anymore. Supply has caught up with demand on almost all calibers and the election fear factor has subsided. Oh yea and the pandemic is drawing to a close. The last to normalize will be 9mm, .223 and 5.56. When those 3 find a floor I’ll start buying ammo again.

·
12,367 Posts
Still cheaper than what sgammo has the ammo for.
retail pricing will almost always be more expensive than from an individual. apart from overhead and margin expenses, you do get the benefit of a better guarantee on the transaction and their shipping prices should be quite a lot lower. their account likely has far better discounts than you do as an individual.

as for brass scrap, some scrap yards wont take it, and that is just more work to deal with.

@GUNNER 50 almost always gets the scrap when we do a public shoot. im happy for him to take it.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
as for brass scrap, some scrap yards wont take it, and that is just more work to deal with.

@GUNNER 50 almost always gets the scrap when we do a public shoot. im happy for him to take it.
Mine dose so I am happy to take it....Damn , just let this guy sell his stuff...There's an ass for every seat....Don't like it , don't buy it....Do we have to run all adds threw the Mod's first for approval...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Regarding steel cased Romy vs brass cased anything. Had a 1919 set up for 8mm using predominately Turkish brass cased, some Yugo, Portuguese ( always nice ). Wore out a IMI barrel and replaced it with a US made commercial. Did not last near as long as the IMI. Put in another new IMI bbl and shortly thereafter acquired a bunch of Romy steel cased from AIM. Ran only a few rounds and started getting split cases! Called up AIM to see if they had had any other issues reported with this stuff. They were concerned, but, no they had no bad reports. Went back to running brass cased ammo in the new IMI barrel - no sweaty dah.
Following the old Alaska saying " Throw away nothing", I was walking by my indoor freezer one day where I had placed both worn out barrels with the breech end facing me. Had an Ah Ha moment. Got a round of steel cased Romy, stuck it in the US commercial worn out bbl and it fit like new - perfect - no wobble. Put same round in the worn out IMI bbl - noticeable wobble. Lets see here, basic expansion / contraction physics...
Put the worn out US made barrel with tight chamber back in the gun, loaded a belt of Romy steel and NO split cases. Reinstalled the as new IMI barrel, fired up a few Romy's - every other one or so - split in some fashion.
So for the big question, did the Israelis purposely chamber their 8mm barrels a bit more generous for desert conditions?

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
That is a great question for another thread....This is someone's FS add...We have clouded this up enough...If you start another thread I will tell you all I know about 1919's in 8mm.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Lets make a deal, I can get you out of what you have in them all. You can take that $$ and get what ever you are looking for. Who wants 8mm mauser ammo sitting around and angering the wife every day?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you'd like to discuss purchasing it at asking price, you're more than welcome to PM me. I'm single and live on my own so having 14ammo cans stacked up 14 can stacked up with the other 75 is of no issue to me. Yes, I no longer have anything in 8mm, But I'm also not going to give it away like some people who PM offers that are cheaper than what this ammo cost 10 years ago

1 - 20 of 20 Posts