1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
I think that was the first James Bond car when it was a low-budget film and they couldn't afford an A/M DB5.

Looks like an original British option to me...the trunk rack will hold an ammo can on one side and a link catcher can on the other, LOL.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
ah man i have not seen a tr6 in that condition in years.hell i used to make a good living fixin those little jewels.. yea we called the lucas electrical system the prince of darkness LOL!!! the 1919 is a great addition:)

·
BeltFed GURU
4,321 Posts
TARGSHOOT
as a former 67 series 2 A Land Rover 1 st owner with 3/4`s of a million miles on it before i sold it i know exactly what you mean :D generator about every 6 months and a starter about every two years good thing it had a hand crank :eek: :D :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
You know why the British drink warm beer?...... They all have Lucus refridgerators.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Yes brother Lucas the saint that thought it was a sin to drive after dark, and those whitworth wrenches. That's why I dont ride triumph motorcycles. If you can find them.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Weren't those TR's positive ground systems or am I thinking of Austin Healeys?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,152 Posts
As a British journalist once wrote in one of the bike mags I used to read, (paraphrased from memory)

Lucas managed to achieve what had, heretofore, been considered impossible. He made Italian electrics seem reliable.

·
Registered
595 Posts
YOu know I have always heard the jokes about Lucus electronics and british cars, but I have owned a 62 Jaguar MKII, a 69 MGC Roadster, a 69 MGC GT, a 71 MGB roadster, I still have a 72 Jaguar V12 SIII Etype, 75 Daimler Double Six, and a 86 Jaguar XJ6, and never had any real electronic problems. Worse thing was one of the MGC's would eat condensers but I think it was the heat. Those 3 liter 6 cyl. motors cramed in under the little hood really put out some heat.

Now rust and oil leaks, thats another story. When people tel me my car is leaking oil I tell them its really the active on board rust proofing system.

Now what I need is advice on how to get two 1919's to pop up out of the fenders (sorry front wings) of the Etype. Now that would be a cool mount.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
hey lucky,
i remember reading that too!! my dad was a triumph motorcycle dealer in the late 60s and early 70s, he wishes he had taken a couple crated 650 bonnevilles when he got out of the business. iremember when the trident came out,3 cylinders and pretty fast for the times.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,152 Posts
Targ- I think it was L.J.K. Setright who wrote that. He was great writer and I think it was Cycle mag he contributed too, but my memory has faded a bit. If it wasn't him it certainly should have been!

·
Registered
107 Posts
WAY OFF TOPIC: Over the 13 years I owned my first TR6, I had to add grounding straps to the engine, the front chassis loom, each tail light and brake light socket, and I had to replace the headlight switch three times. But the only time it wouldn't run, I got a set of new Champion spark plugs with cracked insulators on all six! Lots of fun, but I was constantly working on it. My 1991 Miata hasn't had near the love and attention! Taber

·
Registered
115 Posts

These are some round to it projects. They are all Triumph's, any one know what kind the first pick is ?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Definitely will deter tailgating:D
Would love to drive this down Central Expwy. during rush hour.
However, it might also need that set twins on the hood.

I 'm not sure - is it a criminal offense to shoot a--holes?:eek:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts