1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these loaders? Was wondering if one was better/more desirable than the other. The one marked BRNO seems to run smoother (more fluidly) while the other one seems to be "crisper" with definite steps to its action. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Most loaders that I own needed to be greased for smooth function and rarely evidenced any lube when I got them. The ZB loaders are of excellent quality regardless of the maker, and each has pluses and minuses, but in my view, are all the same. I have four or five of them and have used them all at one time or another over the years shooting an NFA ZB, a favorite. FWIW

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
I've found the ZB37 and BESA belts to be the easiest belts ever to load by hand. I have loaded thousands of rounds this way. The loader is one accessory that I haven't purchased yet.
If some one has one they want to sell or do a partial trade please let me know. I really should get one before they get too expensive.
CaptMax

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. They both do seem to be very well made, and are in very good condition. One caught my eye last weekend at KCR laying in the dirt under a table. After digging thru what the vender had I walked away with four loaders. Two ZB loaders and two MG34/42 loaders. Really only needed one ZB loader (already had an MG34/42 loader) but for some reason couldn't resist buying all four. That being said, I would be willing to sell/trade one ZB and/or both MG loaders. I know the MG loaders run in the $250-$300 ($290 @ Apex) range but have no idea about the ZB loader. I think Centerfire is the only place that still has any but you have to buy a parts kit to get one. I may have paid too much for them but I had been looking for one for a couple years to no avail. I would be interested in a Browning 1918 (or similar) cloth belt loader and/or a PKM/SG43 loader. CaptMax, shoot me a pm if you have a trade or cash offer in mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts