1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I somehow missed the GB on the semi build parts from Wiselite, Gary posted them both here and on Weaponeer. I have one of the parts sets from the early ones that IO imported I want to build as a semi. Could some one share the build CD and plans that Wiselite included with these semi build kits?

I contacted Wiselite today and was told all things ZB were sold and not to be revisited. Ill gladly buy, rent or borrow and document the parts if someone can help me out. Thanks Richard

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I know where all the semi parts/plans went to, back to the original designer. I talked to him back in January and he was working on a new design that used the grips as the cocking mechanism like the original was instead of the bren handle design. I just sent him a PM to see if he has come up with anything yet. If I do not hear from him in a couple of days I will call him. You and a few others here need the semi parts and/or instructions for the build. I have 5 ZB37 kits, 1 besa kit and 7 live barrels so I have a big interest in getting semi parts and the instructions also. I will post if I come up with any new info

ajmdreammg42

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Thank you thank you.
Yes I'm one of the needy . I have one kit and 2 live barrels.
Please keep us updated.
I would love to build it closer to the original without that god awful 3rd handle.
GW

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know where all the semi parts/plans went to, back to the original designer. I talked to him back in January and he was working on a new design that used the grips as the cocking mechanism like the original was instead of the bren handle design. I just sent him a PM to see if he has come up with anything yet. If I do not hear from him in a couple of days I will call him. You and a few others here need the semi parts and/or instructions for the build. I have 5 ZB37 kits, 1 besa kit and 7 live barrels so I have a big interest in getting semi parts and the instructions also. I will post if I come up with any new info

ajmdreammg42
That would be great, I saw your post back in January but hadnt heard anything more Please keep us posted. i would still like to see a copy of the original disk etc

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
i was working on a semi mod when I had a kit where you used the handles for cocking. Would have worked but I got tired of building stuff and sold off everything.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Waiting

I too have a early IO kit and am patiently waiting for someone to produce semi parts again. If anyone gets a line on parts and/or plans please let me know. Thanks much!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
hey paneceabeachbum just talked to the guy who designed the semi ZB37 . I sent you a PM also. He is looking for someone to make the semi parts in a machine shop as long as he gets a piece of the action ( royalty) I think you call it. And maybe build the guns also. Maybe your friend that does the FN30 parts can make the ZB37 parts also. He stated that he spent 4 months designing the gun and then got it BATF approval took even longer. So I understand his desire to want compensation for his time.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
hey paneceabeachbum just talked to the guy who designed the semi ZB37 . I sent you a PM also. He is looking for someone to make the semi parts in a machine shop as long as he gets a piece of the action ( royalty) I think you call it. And maybe build the guns also. Maybe your friend that does the FN30 parts can make the ZB37 parts also. He stated that he spent 4 months designing the gun and then got it BATF approval took even longer. So I understand his desire to want compensation for his time.
ajmdreammg42, Tell Gordie "CaptMax" says "Hello". Hope to see him again at the Creek this fall. Each of these guns will have semi parts that are interchangeable, but there are also several parts that are hand fitted to each gun. Kind of like locking shoulders on a Bren (but they are larger parts). Even Gordie said that if builders were given the semi parts and plans that very few would be able to make these run correctly. I believe they (Gordie and WLA) only built about eight of these before they decided to stop. If the charging handle were redesigned from what Wiselite used it would need to be resubmitted again for an approval if built by an 02/07 manufacturer. Apparently BATFE Tech branch didn't like the handles being used as they were designed to charge the gun.:eek:
I'm glad I didn't miss the boat on these and had them build mine. It runs like a champ and seems to be very accurate as well.
CaptMax

·
Registered
145 Posts
Zb37 semi parts on GB

I somehow missed the GB on the semi build parts from Wiselite, Gary posted them both here and on Weaponeer. I have one of the parts sets from the early ones that IO imported I want to build as a semi. Could some one share the build CD and plans that Wiselite included with these semi build kits?

I contacted Wiselite today and was told all things ZB were sold and not to be revisited. Ill gladly buy, rent or borrow and document the parts if someone can help me out. Thanks Richard
Set of ZB37 semi parts on GB. Not mine, don't know seller. Did purchase a set from same seller about a week ago, received them today, but haven't had a chance to open the box yet.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=526744348

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Hmmm.......wonder where he got that picture from in his ad?
CaptMax

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Nothing like shamelessly using another builders completed gun pic and insinuating that you built it.:rolleyes:

Nice gun Capt Max

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Looks like Troy pulled the trigger on that "Buy It Now"
Had to. I missed out on getting 1 of those sets way back when and I'm a huge ZB37 fan. Have a perfect kit to build up.

I am more that willing to let panaceabeachbum borrow the parts to replicate.

Troy

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shepard and I have been working with Gordy over the past two months to bring a somewhat improved design to market and entered a gentleman's agreement to pay Gordy royalties for all his hard work on the design and getting it approved. The fellow making those is just making an outright copy of the original design. Pretty much business as usual in our industry

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
The concept of Intellectual property does seem to be lacking

·
Registered
32 Posts
zb37

i talked to this guy and told him he could not use my designe . he struck me as a scam go to his websight and see what he sells
all 80% stuff

gordie k

1 - 20 of 24 Posts